Transform old magazines into glittered table-top trees with this easy -- and kid-friendly -- step-by-step process. Post your pictures of your magazine trees and you'll receive a gift from The Glitter Girlz!
You Will Need:
- Glue or spray adhesive
- Spray paint (optional)
- Patience ; )
- An hour or 2 depending your folding speed!
1. Remove both covers from magazine. Take the upper right hand corner of the first page and bring it down so that the top edge of the page rest against the glued binding of the magazine.
2. Now crease this first fold, carefully. Again, take this page and fold it over until the crease rests against the glued binding of the magazine. Crease second fold.
3. Finally fold the triangle (that overlaps the bottom of the magazine) upward so it will be even with the bottom of the book, crease it. The first page is finished.
4. Continue folding & creasing the remaining pages.
5. When the magazine is completely folded glue the front and back pages together. Spray tree with spray adhesive and sprinkle glitter while still wet. If you're not into the "all natural" look you can spray paint the trees too!
Tip: To create a bigger tree, try gluing two magazines back-to-back.
Just a reminder: Post your pictures of your magazine trees and you'll receive a gift from The Glitter Girlz! More fun and festive crafts to come!